DJ MIX COMPETITION
We have had a rather large number of up and coming artists ask to be considered for this Event. We sincerely appreciate that enthusiasm and interest, and it was too hard to choose just one, so we’ve decided as follows:
- We are calling for submissions of 30 Minute DJ Mixes by anyone (you do not have to be a producer or established artist) in the Downtempo or Chillout style.
- All tracks must be mixed, but do not have to be originals.
- No longer than 30 minutes, and no less than 25 minutes.
- Upload your mix to SoundCloud, and then Share it to the Facebook Event Page for consideration and support.
- We will take into account how many Likes your mix may earn, and each week select a few of the tastiest mixes to be added to our website.
- The winner will be chosen from that selection.
- Deadline for submissions is 12:00 AM midnight EST on Sunday, April 3, 2016.
- We will announce the winner on the Tuesday, April 5, 2016.
- For inspiration look no further than Tipper’s 2005 Shambhala Downtempo Set. Listen below...
DJ Competition Winner: SORTOF VAGUE
DJ Mix Comp winner - Sortof Vague - gave us a wonderfully crafted mix weaving tracks between tracks, creating new music in the mix, on a journey that keeps the listener locked in until the curtain closes. EVAC was feeling this as the most suitable set to present before his performance on Full Moon Night.